Posted by Ravenclaw77
So the Microwave Mug Brownie recipe circulating around right now didn’t work for me, so I’m posting this one.
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 dash salt
- 4 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 4 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- In a 12 oz coffee mug, add water, butter, vanilla and dash of salt. Whisk well.
- Add cocoa powder, whisk well. Add sugar, whisk well. Add flour, whisk well.
- Microwave for 60 to 90 seconds. Center should be slightly molten. Careful not to overcook.
- Enjoy with a spoon. Careful brownie will be hot.
Suggested alterations: “switch the water out for milk and decrease the sugar & flour to 2T each instead of 4T”
All I ever see is ‘you need to workout’, ‘you need to workout’. That’s not a healthy attitude to have.
Bless this post
Cauliflower with Curry Butter
This non-traditional cauliflower dish is incredibly flavorful, and full of spices rich with anti-inflammatory properties. Although, your guests will not be concentrating on the latter as they go back for seconds! Use fresh cauliflower:
3 pounds cauliflower
4 tablespoons Earth Balance, or other vegan butter
½ teaspoon turmeric
⅛ teaspoon cayenne pepper
¼ teaspoon black pepper
⅛ teaspoon nutmeg
⅛ teaspoon ground cloves
2 teaspoons fresh ginger, finely minced
2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
1 tablespoon lime juice
Method: Using a paring knife, cut cauliflower into small florets. This should yield 8 cups of cauliflower. Heat a large pot of salted purified water to high. In batches, stir in cauliflower once the water reaches boil. Allow the cauliflower to simmer for 4-5 minutes, or until tender. Use a slotted spoon to remove the cauliflower and set aside.
In a medium saucepan, melt butter and combine turmeric, cayenne pepper, black pepper, nutmeg, ginger and cloves. Once all ingredients are incorporated, drizzle the butter sauce onto the cauliflower while mixing. Stir in cilantro and lime juice. Add additional salt and pepper if needed. Garnish with additional cilantro and serve warm.
repost from humbleseed.com
(Source: Flickr / thegentlemanamateur)